03.10.20 | Congregational Development, Wellness and Missions
As a connectional people, we are united by our resources, our prayers, and our witness as we reach out to one another and the world in a spirit of compassion, healing, and wholeness while following public safety guidelines. Currently:
- BWC churches are following directives of local government officials and not gathering onsite for worship through April 26.
- Conference camps are closed.
- Mission Center staff are teleworking as the building is closed.
Announced on March 20, 2020, beginning with the April 2020 medical and pension invoice and extending through and including June 2020, local churches will not be billed for the local church component of the Conference Sponsored Pension and Health Benefits Plans. Benefit obligations waived include Employer Pension Premiums (CRSP-DB, CRSP-DC, and CPP/UMLife Option); and Employer HealthFlex Premiums ($860/month per participant). This waiver will not impact the benefits received by any of the participants. In addition, an e-mailed announcement went out from the BWC on March 26, outlining additional resources, especially for small-membership churches. Read it, along with FAQs, here.
See frequently asked questions, Bishop Easterling's updates, and local church resources below.
Messages from bishop easterling
- Building restrictions continued through April 26 (Wednesday, March 25)
- On Updated Gathering Restrictions, Feeding Ministries and Clergy & Laity Sessions (Tuesday, March 17)
- Gratitude and Prayers (Sunday, March 15)
- On BWC Facilities and Church Gatherings (last updated at 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, March 12)
- On Individual Actions and Decision Making (last updated at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 12)
Local Church Resources
This collection of resources has been curated to support your ministry of presence in a season of social distancing. Here's a one-page overview compiled by districts for those who are just getting started. If your church needs assistance with Zoom, FreeConferenceCall.com, or another system, or you want to volunteer to help churches with technical needs, complete this form.