Medical Plan (HealthFlex)
HealthFlex is the conference-sponsored health care program issued by United HealthCare in partnership with Wespath Benefits and Investments. HealthFlex is available to all ordained or local pastors of the conference appointed full or 75 percent service to a local church, mission center
HealthFlex benefits include:
- Medical: coverage by United HealthCare (UHC ID Card). A Participating Provider Option (PPO) provides a network of healthcare providers. Visit : www.uhc.com/
- Prescription Drug: coverage by OptumRx – see
frontof UHC ID card.
- Dental: coverage by CIGNA – no ID card for CIGNA, Plan ID 2464058. Visit www.cignadental.com for more information.
- Vision: coverage by VSP – no ID card. Visit www.vsp.com for more information.
You can also view more comprehensive information about HealthFlex through WebMD. To reach the WebMD Personal Health Manager, go to www.wespath.org, click on “HealthFlex/WebMD,” and enter your username and password.
HealthFlex Exchange is a model that gives HealthFlex participants more flexibility to choose their coverage while giving plan sponsors, such as the BWC, more control
BWC participants select from six medical/prescription plans, three dental, and three vision plans.
Downloadable Info Sheets
How to choose a health plan (PDF)
This document presents the various options.
Spousal Surcharge (PDF)
HealthFlex participants whose spouses have access to health insurance coverage through their own employment, but who choose to decline that coverage and be covered under Baltimore-Washington Conference’s group health plan (HealthFlex), will be subject to pay the extra monthly cost to the Conference or a premium surcharge of $300 per month, whichever is less, to compensate for the employer subsidy involved.
You may also download this glossary (PDF).
Percentage of health care expense paid by
Flat dollar amount participant pays toward health care expenses
Flexible spending account
Health reimbursement account (also called health reimbursement arrangement)
Health savings account
Limited-use (HRA or MRA)
Use limited to dental and/or vision expenses (until one meets IRS-defined deductible and notifies WageWorks)
Medical reimbursement account (also called health care FSA)
- CDHP: Consumer-driven health plan (includes HRA)
- HDHP: High-deductible health plan (IRS-qualified – eligible for HAS contributions)
- PPO: Preferred provider organization health plan