We seek to nurture a culture, in and through the Young People’s Ministry (YPM) Board, of loving, joyful, and hard-working teams working together to create and sustain a vibrant young people’s ministry throughout the conference. The YPM Board coordinates, oversees, supports and contributes to the crafting of the vision of all young people’s ministry within the conference (including, but not limited to, ROCK, campus ministry, the work of Conference Council for Youth Ministry, the work of Young Adult Council, the work of the Board of Higher Education and Ministry, and camping and retreat ministry).
Team & TASK FORCE OPPortunities
Here are the current teams in need of skilled servant workers. If you are interested in serving on one of these teams and haven't already completed an interest form, click the button below.
The YPM Board seeks to:
- Speak into, endorse, support, and share a three-year strategic design and execution process for young people’s ministry in the conference.
- Ensure that clear communication takes place between the various areas of young people’s ministry
- Coordinate and communicate a master calendar for all board-related young people’s ministry programming in the conference.
- Meet at least quarterly and additionally as necessary, with agendas distributed one week before each meeting, with a calm, confident, and focused approach to each meeting.
- Ensure that new initiatives are aligned with the vision and strategic plan for young people’s ministry
- Engage others outside the Interim Young People’s Ministry Board through task forces, chaired by Board members in the following areas:
- Grants and Scholarships
- Campus Ministry (many functions of
Boardof Higher Education and Ministry)
- Young Adult Ministry (formerly Young Adult Council)
- Student Leader Cohort (many functions of CCYM)
- ROCK Implementation and Connection Teams
- Comply with all requirements of the Book of Discipline related to young people’s ministry.
- Assess strategic ministry needs and troubleshoot key pressure points efficiently and effectively.