February 28: Central Maryland District Clergy Appreciation Dinner
DS JW Park is inviting clergy and their spouse or friend to be his guest at a festive Clergy Appreciation Dinner on February 28, 2019 from 6-9 p.m. at Saint John United Church, 10431 Twin Rivers Rd, Columbia, MD 21044. There will be music and live entertainment.
March 2: United to Love: A Way Forward
From 9 am to noon, Bishop Easterling is calling the people of the BWC together at the Mission Center and via live streaming to pray and share information following the Special Session. Join us at the Mission Center or via live streaming at:
• Bethany UMC—2875 Bethany Ln., Ellicott City, MD 21042-2213 — Andrew Cooney, Pastor
• Calvary UMC — 403 S Main St., Mount Airy, MD 21771-5346 — Bill Maisch, Pastor
• FaithPoint Community UMC – Online Campus (https://faithpointum.org/connect/)— Chris Bishop, Pastor
• Grace UMC — 119 N Frederick Ave., Gaithersburg, MD 20877-2441 — Jim Miller, Pastor
Go to https://www.bwcumc.org/event/1260749-2019-03-02-praying-our-way-forward-united-to-love/ for a list of other churches serving as host sites. We encourage you to gather at these locations to share prayers and information together, but you can also access the live stream on your computer, lap top, or smartphone.
march 16: washington region Leadership Day
There’s something for everyone at Leadership Day! Bring your team for a time of inspiration and equipping so that you and your congregation are better able to move forward together and joyfully. Download the EVENT GUIDE for full details and REGISTER.
March 18: MAKE-UP SEXUAL ETHICS AND BOUNDARY TRAINING
If you were unable to attend one of the Sexual Ethics and Boundary Trainings in January, please register to attend a make-up session. If you registered but did not attend, arrived late or left early, please contact me so I can make the change on my end. Central Maryland District’s make-up session will be held at the Mission Center in Fulton, MD from 10 AM - 4 PM. The fee is $35 and lunch is included. It is important that every pastor attend a Sexual Ethics and Boundary training. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. REGISTER today.
May 29-June 1: ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Online registration is now open for the 235th Annual Conference Session of the Baltimore-Washington Conference, which will be held May 29-June 1 at the Waterfront Marriott Hotel in Baltimore. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
• If you register before March 6, the early-bird cost is $139. See a listing of meal prices and other expenses.
• See a listing of all the workshops.
• The daily hotel room rate is $168 plus tax for a single, double or triple room until these rooms are sold out. You can register online or call 877-212-5752 to reserve a room. Please advise the reservation agent that you are eligible to receive the BWC Conference rate.
• The theme of this year's session is We are One: United to Love. We hope you will join us in prayer as we unite for a time of meaningful fellowship, profound worship and holy conferencing. For more information, visit www.bwcumc.org/events/annual-conference.
June 8-9: WASHINGTON REGION LAY SERVANT MINISTRIES ACADEMY
Save the date. The Academy will be held at the Mission Center in Fulton, MD.
DOWNLOAD the Central Maryland District calendar to learn about other educational and networking opportunities coming up.
Baltimore-Washington Conference Events:
Do you have an event going on at your church? Let us know!
Contact Sophie Amer, 410-309-3493.