Prepare for Annual Conference Session 2019
UMC Commission on a Way Forward
Understand and help share the UMC Commission on a Way Forward report that is the basis for the General Conference Session on February 23-26. There are many resources available for congregations and leaders. All leaders are asked to get familiar with--and help your church and others familiar with--the Commission on the Way Forward (COWF) recommendations. There are a variety of ways to do this:
- Read the Bishop's article on why she supports the One Church Plan.
- Read the full report and the 2-sided page that provides a comparison of the selected plan and two other alternatives.
- Explore more resources for your congregation and more on our BWC resource page.
- Attend an upcoming session to gain an overview and get your questions answered.
- Sunday, November 11 from 3-5: Bishop on the Western Region
- Wednesday, November 28 from 10-3 p.m. Way Forward Discussion with Tom Salsgiver (COWF member)
- Sunday, December 2 from 3-5: Bishop on the Washington Region
- Sunday, December 9 from 3-5: Bishop on the Baltimore Region
Annual Conference Session 2018 supported a year of experimenting with a streamlined and coordinated way of caring for the mission and tasks in the Discipleship Agency areas. Read all information that was provided. We will be updating this information as we progress.
BWC Policies and Procedures
We did a major update of the Baltimore-Washington Conference Policies and Procedures Manual and it was posted in April 2018. The previous version hadn't been updated since 2003. Please familiarize yourself with this as resolutions often impact or perfect what is contained here.
BWC 2018 Journal
Read the reports and minutes from Annual Conference Session 2018 so that you have context for some items that come before Annual Conference 2019.