Friday, May 27, 2022, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
As the Russian invasion of Ukraine enters its third month, it has brought calls for prayer and statements of deep concern from United Methodists globally; it has also brought first-hand accounts of the impact of the war and ways United Methodists respond to the trauma of people in harm’s way.
Join a discussion with the Revs. Julia and Oleg Starodubets , who serve the Kyiv UMC, in Kyiv, Ukraine; Rev. Julia Staradubets, who is also a medical doctor and the first woman to be ordained in the Ukraine Conference; Rev. Bill Lovelace, a United Methodist missionary with the General Board of Global Ministries serving as a Ministry to Migrants Consultant in the Norway Conference. He is a former district superintendent and pastor in Lithuania, Ukraine, and Southern Russia.
The conversation will be at noon on Friday, May 27. It is supported by the BWC’s In Mission Together -- Eurasia Committee.
Resources on Russia’s War in Ukraine
- BWC's Eurasia Committee continues aid to Ukraine
- Bishop Easterling's prayer for the people of Ukraine and Russia
- European Methodist Council Update on Ukraine
- United Methodists React to Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- How are United Methodists Present in Ukraine?
- Appeal for Peace in Russia and Ukraine
- Prayers for Ukraine from Discipleship Ministries
- Ways United Methodists Can Give to Support the People of Ukraine