Friday, September 25, 2020, 6:30 PM - Saturday, September 26, 2020, 5:00 PM
- Friday, September 25, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, and Saturday, September 26, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Class will be held via Zoom Meeting.
Meditative practices exist in every religious tradition. Although many are familiar with techniques such as mindfulness, few are aware of the meditative practice of Jesus. In this dynamic, thought provoking class, participants will learn the Hebraic meditative tradition that shaped Jesus, unique principles of Jesus’ meditative approach, and practical meditative methods that will deepen one’s personal life and spiritual community.
- Instructor: Rev. Dr. Kendrick Weaver ( )
- Zoom Meeting: Class will be held via Zoom Meeting. Information for joining the class will be provided prior to the class start date.
- Dates and Times: Friday, September 25, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, and Saturday, September 26, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Required Text: Meditate Like Jesus by K.D. Weaver. To purchase the book go to: https://wipfandstock.com/meditate-like-jesus.html, ISBN-13: 978-1532648502.
Reading Assignments: Please read the text prior to class.
- Online Registration Only: $40
- Registration Deadline: September 18, 2020
- Minimum Number of Registrants for the Class: 20 people
Washington-East District Lay Servant Academy Fall/Winter Term 2020 Class Description & Schedule GENERAL INFORMATION:
- The WE District Lay Servant Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration and will give as much notice as possible so registrants can register for another class or request a refund.
- Zoom Meeting: Participants must have access to the Internet and a computer or smartphone.
- No absences are permitted for 2-day classes. The instructor must approve all absences for 5-day classes.
- Class Cost: $40 per class. This does not include the required text.
- Registration: Online only
- Questions About Registration? Contact Tonia Bennett (
) or call 410-309-3480
- Questions About Classes? Contact WED Lay Servant Co-Directors Delila Parham ( ) or Gregory Parham ( ) or call 301-218-0248.
- Other Classes and Locations: Classes may be taken at any BWC District Lay Servant Academy or online at BeADisciple.com.
- For additional information on lay servant classes, download the Lay Servant Ministries Catalog.