Friday, May 15, 2020, 6:30 PM - Saturday, May 16, 2020, 5:00 PM
Location: Flintstone UMC, 21690 National Pike NE, Flintstone, MD US 21530
(Note: ALL Advanced LS Classes serve as Re-certification Class for Certified Lay Ministers.)
Praying in public can be daunting, but prayer is something one learns. This course on praying in public will help the participant grow in confidence and skill in public prayer and enrich their personal prayer life.
Required Text: Shaping the Prayers of the People: The Art of Intercession by Samuel Wells and Abigail Kocher; ISBN: 978-0-80287-097-1 Also available at Amazon.com
Reading Assignments: Download Here
Instructor: Pastor Kyle Durbin
Class Schedule: 5/15/2020 and 5/16/2020; Saturdays, 9 am – 2 pm each day [Please bring a lunch and beverage.]
Registration deadline is May 1, 2020
Cumberland‐Hagerstown District Lay Servant Academy
Spring 2020 Class Description & Schedule
- The C‐H District Lay Servant Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration
and will give as much notice as possible so you can register for another class or request a refund.
- No babysitting services are offered.
- NO absences are permitted because the class will be completed within the 2‐day time‐frame.
CLASS COST: Does not include the required text.
- Paper registration — complete paper Registration Form making sure to mark the class you are registering for and send it with
$40 check made payable a to BWC Treasurer and mailed to: BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Lay Servant Academy, 703 West
Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
- Online registration with credit card— $35
Questions About Classes? Contact Wanda Jimenez-Barkdoll, C-H Lay Servant Co-Director (e-mail: )