Every 5th Thursday, from 04/16/2020 to 05/21/2020, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: Emmanuel UMC (Hagerstown), 802 Summit Avenue, Hagerstown, MD US 21740
(Note: ALL Advanced LS Classes serve as Re-certification Class for Certified Lay Ministers.)
This advanced course is for certified lay speakers who want to hone their preaching skills. During the training, groundwork will be laid to help each speaker present a short sermon, which will critiqued by the instructors. The course helps participants prepare sermons by providing plans and worksheets, stressing good oral communication, offering suggestions on incorporating stories, and providing time for prayer, study, and revision.
Required Text: From Your Heart to Theirs – Delivering an Effective Sermon by Tony Franks & David Carroll; ISBN: 978-0-88177-536-5 or Upper Room #DR536
Reading Assignments: Download Here
Instructor: Pastor Steve Robison (retired)
Class Schedule: 4/16/2020 through 5/21/2020; Every Thursday from 6 :30—9 pm each day. Course is six weeks.
Registration deadline is April 3, 2020
Cumberland‐Hagerstown District Lay Servant Academy
Spring 2020 Class Description & Schedule
- The C‐H District Lay Servant Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration
and will give as much notice as possible so you can register for another class or request a refund.
- No babysitting services are offered.
- NO absences are permitted because the class will be completed within the 2‐day time‐frame.
CLASS COST: Does not include the required text.
- Paper registration — complete paper Registration Form making sure to mark the class you are registering for and send it with
$40 check made payable a to BWC Treasurer and mailed to: BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Lay Servant Academy, 703 West
Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
- Online registration with credit card— $35
Questions About Classes? Contact Wanda Jimenez-Barkdoll, C-H Lay Servant Co-Director (e-mail: )