Saturday, February 01, 2020
All resolutions set to come before the 236th session of the Baltimore-Washington Conference are due to the Conference Secretary, Kevin Silberzahn, at by Feb. 1, 2020. The session will be held May 27-29, 2020.
Submitting a Resolution:
1. Ensure you have completed consult requirements for the following (if applicable):
- Budgetary Implications: If the resolution necessitates budgetary changes or considerations, you must first consult with Phil Potter, Chair of the Council on Finance and Administration (CFA). You will be asked to provide CFA's recommendation on the resolution submission form.
- Rules of the Session: If the resolution pertains to Rules of the Session, you must first consult with Mark Gorman, Chair of the Rules Committee.
2. Complete the 2020 BWC Resolution Submission Form prior to Feb. 1, 2020.
What information will the form require?
- Submitter Info: [Enter the name, email address, and conference affiliation of the submitter. If the resolution is jointly sponsored, select one individual to serve as the primary contact for the submission. Enter the names and conference affiliations of each co-sponsor when prompted.]
- Title: [Short title that indicates the subject matter of the resolution.]
- Budget Implications: [If applicable, consult in advance with the Council on Finance and Administration and insert their recommendation when prompted on the form. You will also have the opportunity to indicate any disagreement between the resolution writer and CFA within the form.]
- Rationale: [Insert a brief description of why the resolution is important and/or needed and should be adopted by the annual conference.]
- Resolution: [Include the purpose and action items of the resolution. Be succinct and address only a single issue.]
- Effective Date: [Insert the proposed effective date of the resolution.]
What happens after I submit my resolution?
- Immediately following submission, you should see a message on your screen stating that your submission was received.
- The primary submitter will receive an email from "BWC Conference Secretary" with the subject line "2020 Resolution Submission Received". A copy of the resolution submission will be attached.
- Kevin Silberzahn, the BWC Conference Secretary, will review your submission and will contact you if additional information is needed.
- If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Silberzahn at .