BSD CHECK-IN WITH REV. LAPRADE
A reminder that there is a District Check-in with Rev. Laprade Next week, Wednesday, 5/25 @ 10:45 AM. In addition to our customary fellowship, we will also have a presentation about our district MAP team and how each church plays a vital role in that effort.
Zoom link is below:
THE UNFINISHED CHURCH PODCAST
The Unfinished Church is a new podcast focusing on the holy work of antiracism. Hosted by United Methodist Bishops LaTrelle Easterling, Michael McKee, and Gregory Palmer, the podcast is a place for dialogue, learning, and transformation as people of faith coming together to build a world in which racial prejudice has no power. The debut explores humility, implicit bias, building right relationships, compassionate listening and more as the bishops talk with well-known activists, authors, preachers and teachers about what it means to do the work of antiracism. The first episode features guest Nadia Bolz-Weber. Connect to the podcast and learn more: https://theunfinishedchurch.org/
RAISE UP YOUR VOICE AGAINST RACISM
Please join us for an informative discussion on "Migration, Immigration, and Racism." on May 24 (8pm) Register to attend -- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqCKrgg0eTOp94xfJZM5uzRrsa2y5wwxnI7DiBnImIVsy9hA/viewform
MARYLAND TAX EXEMPT RENEWAL
All current Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificates held by non-profit organizations expire on September 30, 2022.
IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT THIS INFORMATION IS RENEWED AND IS ACCURATE.
Information regarding the 2022 renewal application, including instructions to complete your renewal application online, will be mailed to the organization beginning May 2, 2022. Their online renewal service will be available for the 2022 renewal period starting May 9, 2022. Upon a successful renewal, your organization will receive a new Maryland Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate valid until September 30, 2027. To learn more about the process go to https://interactive.marylandtaxes.gov/bServices/EOR/Home.aspx
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
With the news as grim as ever, we have to be extra vigilant with our whole health. The relationships we have with ourselves and those close to us are the most important. There are many ways to prioritize that, here are a few.
- Time management. It helps your colleagues work best with you and keeps stress on both sides low.
- As we move towards vacation season, make sure you are communicating with your team in advance of extended time off. Keep everyone updated on when you are out and what you may need prior to, during, and after.
- Utilize vacation days. Whether it is for an all-inclusive cruise or a staycation.
- Get help. Whether that is asking for support from a friend/family member or seeking professional guidance. Remember, for those of us with Healthflex, we have access to EAP (which has partnered with Talkspace) for in-network providers.
- Create a safe space for someone else. With Mothers Day this Sunday, don't forget to call the mothering figure in your life but remember those who are struggling with the various facets of loss associated with that day.
Also, in honor of the National Day of Prayer tomorrow, here is a prayer reflecting on Mental Health Awareness month.
O God of Light and Knowledge,
We pray for Peace and Wholeness;
We ask for Understanding;
We pray for Healing;
We ask for Faith and Hope;
We offer our Thanks ;
Most of all, O God of Steadfast Love, we thank you for your Love -- that brings beauty out of ashes, that brings a song in the night; that inspires courage to hope, to watch, to work for a new and brighter Day.