Annual Conference Awards
We love to celebrate leaders and faith communities who are doing excellent ministry and we want to be sure we are hearing all the great stories of how transformed lives are transforming lives. One of the ways we do this is through an annual call for nominations and applications.
Applications/nominations are due April 1st and will be awarded at the Annual Conference session in June.
- Wellness & Missions Award gives $1,000 to a faith community that exemplifies the fostering of spiritual, physical and mental health for all and promotes an understanding of the interconnectedness of all aspects of health. Apply now.
- Advocacy & Action Award gives $1,000 to a faith community that exemplifies partnering with their communities in advocating to transform systems which disenfranchise, marginalize, and oppress. Apply now.
- The Harry Denman Evangelism Award honors United Methodists in each annual conference whose exceptional ministry of evangelism - expressed in Word (what), Sign (why), and Deed (how) - brings people into a life-transforming relationship with Jesus Christ. What distinguishes a Harry Denman Evangelism Award recipient is the commitment to consistently introduce others to the Good News of Jesus Christ in all ministry settings. Their ministry is exceptional for the number of new Christ Followers who credit encounters with this person as critical in helping to start or reignite their faith journey. We will recognize one
clergy,and one layperson. Apply now.
- Moral Courage Awards to honor those who pursue justice, love kindness and walk humbly with God in situations where it requires courage to do so. Apply now.
- Youth Group Leader of the Year Award honors a BWC United Methodist who exemplifies inviting, inspiring and strengthening youth skilled servant workers. Nominate your favorite youth group leader now!
View 2020 Annual Conference Award Presentations.