Youth Members at Large Application
The Baltimore-Washington Conference is looking for student leaders who are willing to step up and serve their peers as Members at Large (MAL) to Annual Conference 2020.
- Youth MAL
committo attending the 236th annual session of the Baltimore-Washington Conference from May 27–29, 2020, at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel. A Pre-Conference Session will be held Saturday, April 18 held at the Ranson Civic Center in Ranson, W.Va. and at Asbury UMC in Charlestown, W.Va.
- Youth MAL
commita great deal of time to this ministry, but they also benefit in many ways. To learn more about the work of the Annual Conference, go to the Annual Conference page. Information about the 2020 Annual Conference will be posted on this page.
- The Youth MAL stay together as a group during Annual Conference. They attend all Annual Conference Sessions, share meals and stay overnight in the hotel. At all times, the youth will be chaperoned following all Safe Sanctuaries rules.
- Youth Members at Large:
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be an active member of a United Methodist Church in the Baltimore-Washington Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Must attend the 236th annual session of the Baltimore-Washington Conference from May 27–29, at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel
- Must be a student in grades 6-12 during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Must have the permission and support of his/her parent(s).
- Should attend April 18 Pre-Conference Briefing or other pre-conference meeting specifically for youth.
Make no mistake, this is a big commitment and will require missing days at school! If you’re still interested, please talk it over with God and with your parents and then complete the online application by March 23 . All applicants will be notified by April 1. Contact Cheryl Cook at with any questions.