The Bethesda Marriott
5151 Pooks Hill Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
MissionU is an opportunity to study current issues impacting society based on current mission study topics with particular attention to the responsibilities of women in fulfilling the mission work of the church. Participants grow in understanding the mission of the church in the current world context; conference events are open to members and non-members of United Methodist Women.
- Worship & singing
- Interest Groups around current issues
- Mission Projects
- Audiovisual presentations
- Fellowship events
Baltimore –Washington Conference United Methodist Women & Wellness Mission Partnerships
Dear Study Leader:
The Baltimore –Washington Conference and Wellness Mission partnership, will again sponsor Mission u 2020, at the Bethesda Marriott, 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, July 24, through 26, 2020. This is a weekend school commitment.
We are searching for study leaders with experience related to the following studies:
- Adult Spiritual Study- Finding Peace in the Midst Anxieties: This study will recognize the prevalence of anxiety today and its impact and explore ways to find peace through scripture and spiritual disciplines so that we can be rooted in God's grace. The goal is to practice peace as a way of life.
- Issue study- Mass Incarceration-School to prison pipelines: This study will use the book Pushout. A multicultural team will address this issue as they dive deeper into the causes of school pushout and criminalization of children of color through a biblical and theological lens.
- The youth Study-Walking with Jesus in anxious Times; Managing Anxiety The main purpose is to understand how anxiety shows up in the lives of young people and enable them to experience God through spiritual practices so they are effective followers of Christ in their area of influence.
If you have acquired skills and demonstrative experiences in any of the studies above, kindly send bio by January 31, 2020, to:
Elizabeth M. Stemley, Dean, or Sharon G. Milton, Dean,
We are also searching for chaperones with experience working with youth and youth ministries.
Thank you for your interest. I look forward to your response.
Peace and Love,
Elizabeth M. Stemley, Dean
To print and register by mail, download one of the following registration forms:
To register online and pay via credit card (not available for youth registration):