Board of Ordained Ministry
The Board of Ordained Ministry (BOOM) cultivates an environment for growth within the Baltimore-Washington Conference by calling spiritual leaders to sense and respond to God’s call to ministry. Clergy members of the conference receive support for ongoing professional development and encouragement to share their gifts with colleagues, congregations and the larger community.
The Rev. John W. Nupp serves as the Executive Minister of Call and Clergy Care.
For questions about BOOM Policies review the Policies and Procedures Manual.
Called to Ordained Ministry
- Certified Candidacy - Steps and requirements. Questions? Contact your District Superintendent.
- Local Pastors – Questions about Course of Study contact Rev. Michael Beiber, registrar. For the License to Preach School, contact Dr. Walt Edmonds, dean.
License to preach school for 2019 will be held at Manidokan Retreat Center, April 30 to May 8, 2019.
- Provisional Membership – Application Instructions and Documents. Questions? Contact the Registrar for Provisional Members, Scott Shumaker.
- Full Membership (Elders and Deacons) – Application Instruction and Documents. Contact the Registrar for Full Members, Rev. Malcolm Stranathan.
- Do you think God may be calling you to Christian Ministry? Contact the Culture of Call chairperson, Rev. Kirkland Reynolds.
- For questions related to background checks, psychological testing, MEF funds, and UMCares, please contact Rev. John W. Nupp.
- Questions about serving as a Mentor or the Residency in Ministry program? Contact Rev. Ron Foster.
- Information from the Conference Moving Coordinator, contact Rev. Jeff Paulson.
- Looking for Continuing Education opportunities? Contact Continuing Education chairperson, Rev. Bruce Jones.
- For information on Professional degrees, you may contact the Director of Admissions at Wesley Theological Seminary, Chip Aldridge. There are 13 United Methodist Theological Schools as well as other official Theological Seminaries.
- District Committee on Ordained Ministry See important documents below.