Criminal Justice and Mercy Ministries
This area is for individuals, families, study groups, and churches impacted by crime and incarceration.
Supporting Our Church Members and Families Involved with the Criminal Justice System (PDF)
- Every state has re-entry specialists to assist people coming out of prison to find jobs and training.
- A variety of services for people coming out of prison and for employers, by state.
- Many links for helping people coming out of prison in MD.
- DC Mayor's Office on Returning Citizen Affairs.
- Searchable database of DC services such as housing, substance abuse, mental health, social services, medical, and legal.
- Sources of help for victims in DC.
- Mentoring someone out of prison? Guidance from Prison Fellowship.
- Example of a faith-based comprehensive support program for returning citizens in a MD county.
- Identify reentry services in Maryland. To get a listing of websites and phone numbers, type in a returning citizen’s address, a radius in number of miles, and the type(s) of services desired.
- FAIR focuses on issues facing persons on the sex offender registry (newly released or long past their sentence). For those with computer access, we offer a secure forum at that address and are getting support groups going in area communities to help registrants and adult loved ones find a sense of family and community and work together to find ways to overcome the extreme hurdles imposed by public registration.
Advocate for change