Every Wednesday, from 12/02/2020 to 12/23/2020, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Wednesdays, December 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, 6:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Class will be taught via Zoom Meeting.
Participants will learn to recite the Jesus prayer in Hebrew and how to incorporate this prayer in public and/or private worship as well as using it when praying for the sick and shut in during home and hospital visits. In learning to pray this prayer in Hebrew, participants will gain a better understanding of the biblical concept of compassion, leading to a greater awareness of service in ministry and mercy and the need to communicate to their spiritual communities the significance of the Hebrew language in the nascent Jesus movement.
- Instructor: Rev. Dr. Kendrick Weaver ( )
- Zoom Meeting: Class will be held via Zoom Meeting. Information for joining the class will be provided prior to the class start date.=
- Dates and Times: Wednesdays, December 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Required Text: The instructor will provide materials for the class, including links to online resources.
- Reading Assignments: Please read the assignments given by the instructor.
- Online Registration Only: $40
- Registration Deadline: November 25, 2020
Washington-East District Lay Servant Academy Fall/Winter Term 2020 Class Description & Schedule GENERAL INFORMATION:
- The WE District Lay Servant Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration and will give as much notice as possible so registrants can register for another class or request a refund.
- Zoom Meeting: Participants must have access to the Internet and a computer or smartphone.
- No absences are permitted for 2-day classes. The instructor must approve all absences for 5-day classes.
- Class Cost: $40 per class. This does not include the required text.
- Registration: Online only
- Questions About Registration? Contact Tonia Bennett (
) or call 410-309-3480
- Questions About Classes? Contact WED Lay Servant Co-Directors Delila Parham ( ) or Gregory Parham ( ) or call 301-218-0248.
- Other Classes and Locations: Classes may be taken at any BWC District Lay Servant Academy or online at BeADisciple.com.
- For additional information on lay servant classes, download the Lay Servant Ministries Catalog.