Friday, April 17, 2020, 6:30 PM - Saturday, April 18, 2020, 5:00 PM
Location: Flintstone UMC, 21690 National Pike NE, Flintstone, MD US 21530
(Note: ALL Advanced LS Classes serve as Re-certification Class for Certified Lay Ministers.)
Structured around Wesley’s "means of grace," this study covers, among other topics, prayer, Scripture, the Lord’s Supper, and fasting – major features in John Wesley’s devotional life. Participants will learn how they can apply Wesley’s ministry to their own life.
Required Text: “Devotional Life in the Wesleyan Tradition” by Steve Harper; ISBN: 978-0-8358-0740-1 or Upper Room #740
Reading Assignments: Download Here
Instructor: Pastor Patricia Bittner
Class Schedule: 4/17 – 4/18/2020; Friday 6:30 – 9 pm and Saturday 8 am – 5 pm [Sat. please bring a lunch and beverage]
Registration deadline is April 3, 2020
Cumberland‐Hagerstown District Lay Servant Academy
Spring 2020 Class Description & Schedule
- The C‐H District Lay Servant Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration
and will give as much notice as possible so you can register for another class or request a refund.
- No babysitting services are offered.
- NO absences are permitted because the class will be completed within the 2‐day time‐frame.
CLASS COST: Does not include the required text.
- Paper registration — complete paper Registration Form making sure to mark the class you are registering for and send it with
$40 check made payable a to BWC Treasurer and mailed to: BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Lay Servant Academy, 703 West
Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
- Online registration with credit card— $35
Questions About Classes? Contact Wanda Jimenez-Barkdoll, C-H Lay Servant Co-Director (e-mail: )