Friday, May 08, 2020, 6:30 PM - Saturday, May 09, 2020, 5:00 PM
Location: Emmanuel UMC (Hagerstown), 802 Summit Avenue, Hagerstown, MD US 21740
This training is for anyone who wants to learn about the Lay Servant Ministry. A Lay Servant is a person who has been called by God to serve the local church. The person must be a member in good standing of a United
Methodist church, has been recommended by their pastor, and approved at Charge Conference to be part of the Local Church Lay Servant Ministry.
Required Text: Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course Participant Book, by Sandy Jackson; ISBN‐13: 9780881776263
Reading Assignments: Download Here
Instructor: Pastor Tony Pirrone
Class Schedule: 5/8 – 5/9/2020; Friday 6:30 – 9 pm and Saturday 8 am – 5 pm [Please bring a lunch and beverage on Sat.]
Registration deadline is April 24, 2020
Cumberland‐Hagerstown District Lay Servant Academy
Spring 2020 Class Description & Schedule
- The C‐H District Lay Servant Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration
and will give as much notice as possible so you can register for another class or request a refund.
- No babysitting services are offered.
- NO absences are permitted because the class will be completed within the 2‐day time‐frame.
CLASS COST: Does not include the required text.
- Paper registration — complete paper Registration Form making sure to mark the class you are registering for and send it with
$40 check made payable a to BWC Treasurer and mailed to: BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Lay Servant Academy, 703 West
Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
- Online registration with credit card— $35
Questions About Classes? Contact Wanda Jimenez-Barkdoll, C-H Lay Servant Co-Director (e-mail: )