- Accessibility Conversation – Online Suicide Prevention – September 2
- Health Minister Certificate Online Course through Wesley – September 4
- Ending Domestic Violence – September 20
- Journey to Beloved Community – September 22 – October 17 (Thursday evenings)
- It’s Your Story to Tell – September 24
- Leadership Institute 2022 – September 28-30
- Justice for our Children: Healing for our Communities – September 30-October 6
- Early Response Team (ERT) Training – October 15
- Next Level Speaker Series – October 20
- Getting Started on a Congregational Vitality Pathway with Readiness 360 – September 20
- See all the People and an overview of the free MissionInsite Tool – September 27
- See all the People, community prayer and how to conduct relational 1:1s – October 11
- Deepening Discipleship, Creating an intentional discipleship pathway/process – October 25
- Deepening Discipleship, on-boarding people to the pathway – November 8
- Previous Training Tuesdays Sessions for those Serving on Committees -- scroll to the bottom of the page
LAY SERVANT CLASSES
- Basic Lay Servant Course (virtual) – September 10-11
- Advanced Course: Life Together in the United Methodist Connection (virtual) – September 10-11
- Advanced Course: Teaching Biblical Faith: Leading Small Group Bible Studies (virtual) – September 10-11
September is Sickle Cell Awareness Month
September is Sickle Cell Awareness Month: Project SPIRIT Sickle Cell, Inc., which receives support from the Baltimore-Washington Conference, offers congregations the opportunity to learn more about sickle cell traits and the spiritual implications of living with sickle cell disease. For more information, contact Rev. Lorraine Brown at 240-784-1351.
The General Board of Church and Society (GBCS) Awards Grants
to United Methodist congregations and groups related to The United Methodist Church through the Ethnic Local Church, Human Relations Day, and Peace with Justice programs. To apply for grants, applicants must complete forms on the new GBCS online system. All those who previously submitted applications must re-apply using the revised online form. Only complete online applications with all required documents submitted by September 16, will be considered for funding. Click here to apply online.
2022 Mustard Seed Migration Grants
Mustard Seed Migration Grants, inspired by the well-known parable, are available to provide up to 50 congregations in the United States with up to $2,000 in funding to support one-time, community-based projects that assist refugees, asylum seekers, undocumented persons and migrants of all types. Applications will be accepted at any time prior to September 1, 2022.
*NEW* Discounts and Programs for your Ministry
The United Methodist Ministry Guide is here! Get access to vetted vendors that offer discounts, specials, and unique programs designed for your Methodist ministry.
The Power and Endurance of an Endowment Fund
If your church does not already have an endowment fund, watch this short video for an illustration of the power of starting one. Read the summer updates from the Mid-Atlantic United Methodist Foundation.
Comparative Insite Report – Step-by-Step Guide
Download a step-by-step guide to run a Comparative Insite report for your congregation. Take the time to access this important and helpful resource.
Director of Ana A. Brito Foundation -- Epworth UMC
To serve as the Director of Epworth’s foundation, part-time 15-hrs a week. The candidate will direct the projects of the foundation as assigned by the AABF board and Executive Leadership team of Epworth and lead the overall vision of SEND OUT ministry. Epworth United Methodist Church is located at 9008 Rosemont Dr., Gaithersburg, MD. Download the job description for more details.
Spanish Worship Leader -- Epworth UMC
This is a 5 Hours per week, flexible schedule position. Presence required for Sunday Spanish morning ministry at noon (Camino) and rehearsals on a week night. Epworth United Methodist Church is located at 9008 Rosemont Dr., Gaithersburg, MD. Download the job description for more details.
Site Director at Manidokan Camp & Retreat Center
The Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church is seeking a Site Director with an entrepreneurial spirit to manage Manidokan Camp & Retreat Center, a 426-acre property along the Potomac River with year-round accommodations for 130 people in addition to tenting and rustic camping opportunities. The successful candidate will have the ability and passion to further our work to create sacred spaces that nurture Christian faith and discipleship, teach creation care, extend Christian hospitality and community, develop principled spiritual leaders and inspire and equip lives for love and justice. Visit our website for more information