CM District News and Updates
Church Conference Season Concludes
You deserve a round of applause to each of you for completing this Church Conference season and a big thank you to our Church Conference hosts for providing space for us to worship, convene and fellowship together.
As a reminder, during church conference, the recording secretary keeps
A Way Forward Resources
On December 2, Bishop Easterling provided an overview on the Commission on a Way Forward. She, along with the BWC delegates listened and answered questions from attendees. The Bishop stressed the importance of staying informed and praying daily at 2:23 pm for five minutes for those who will attend the General Conference on February 23. The Bishop referenced three resources and they are provided for your information:
- A Word from the Bishop: We Can Remain Together - Why I Support the One Church Plan
- Plans - At - A - Glance: A Summary and Side-by-Side Comparison of the One Church Plan
- Browse Resources on A Way Forward and Connect with the BWC Delegates
Next Listening Session: Laity Discussion on A Way Forward
Rev. Rod Miller will be leading a discussion for laity in the Washington Region on A Way Forward. The event will be held at the Mission Center on Saturday, January 5, 2019 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. This session will give participants the opportunity to hear and discuss what is slated to take place at General Conference in February and provide resources for talking about the issues. This session is open to all laity and pastors are also welcome to attend.
STATISTICAL REPORTING Timeline and TIps
- December 17, 2018 – EZRA opens to begin entering data for your 2018 Statistical Report
- January 28, 2019, at noon – Statistical Reports are due in EZRA
- Log into EZRA (ezra.gcfa.org) to enter your statistics. Data is NOT entered into Arena.
- To get started, print a copy of the Statistical Reporting instructions
- Proper planning is essential for your church to meet the data entry deadline.
Clergy Coaching ~ Pro Bono Session
Pastor Alice Ford, Pastor Steven Cho
Revised BWC Policies and Procedures: A Guide for Clergy and Church Business
At the 2016 Annual Conference Session, members voted to update the BWC's Manual on Policies and Procedures. This document will come before the next conference session. Download your copy now.