Basic Lay Servant Ministries Course (Cumberland-Hagerstown District)
Friday, March 24, 2017 - Saturday, March 25, 2017
This training is for anyone who wants to learn about the Lay Servant Ministry. A Lay Servant is a person who has been called by God to serve the local church. The person must be a member in good standing of a United Methodist church, has been recommended by their pastor, and approved at Charge Conference to be part of the Local Church Lay Servant Ministry. Reading assignments should be completed before class starts.
Required Text: Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course Participant Book, ISBN-13: 9780881776263
Instructor: Pastor Dick Voorhaar
Course schedule: Fri., Mar. 24, 6–9 p.m. and Sat., Mar. 25, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
A lunch break will be provided.
Registration deadline: March 1, 2017
- Only one excused absence is allowed. You must make up the missed session. If you have an unusual hardship, please contact Vivian Moore ( ).
- The C-H District Lay Servant Ministry Committee reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration and will give as much notice as possible so that you can register for another class or request a refund.
- No babysitting services are offered.
- Class cost does not include the required text.
- To register by check/mail — complete and mail the registration form and $40 check payable to BWC Treasurer to: BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Lay Servant Ministry, 12 S. Walnut St., Ste. 101, Hagerstown, MD 21740.
- To register by credit card/online — online registration is $35, and may be completed by clicking the 'Register Online' button.
- Be sure to purchase required texts prior to class. Reading assignments need to be completed before class starts.
- Texts are not included in cost of class and may be purchased through:
- Registration: Contact Penny Gaver ( ) or call 301-739-6659.
- CHD Class: Contact Vivian Moore ( ).