VIM: Coordinators and Team Leader Resources
United Methodist Volunteers in Mission in the Baltimore-Washington Conference serves to equip volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to serve locally, nationally and internationally. Whether it is to help in selecting a project to serve, helping to create a volunteer team, assisting in obtaining volunteer accident insurance or to receive volunteer training, VIM is your mission volunteer resource.
Do you want to create a volunteer team? Join an existing volunteer team or just learn how to become a mission volunteer? Contact your Region Coordinator or the BWC VIM Coordinator:
Southern Region Coordinator – Eldon Baldwin, Brookfield UMC (Upper Marlboro)
Washington Region Coordinator – Rev. Elizabeth Lemaster, Wesley Freedom, Eldersburg
Western Region Coordinator – Vacant
Baltimore Region Coordinator – Vacant
Interested in being a Region Coordinator? Contact Rev. Joan Carter-Rimbach to learn more.
VIM Team Leader Resources
- Team Leader: Apply to be a Team Leader.
- Get Trained: All first-time team leaders attend a one-day training class to learn about VIM procedures and VIM insurance.
- Register your trip: Once you’ve decided to lead a team and have chosen your destination, register your trip by filling out the registration form. After your return, please fill out the UMVIM Trip Post Report form within 30 days of your return.
- Advertise your team openings. We can help! Fill out the form online.
- Background checks: When youth are traveling on the team, make sure all your team members have completed background checks and understand BWC policies regarding our responsibility to protect children, youth and vulnerable adults.
- Obtain VIM Trip Insurance: Purchase VIM insurance for your group through the NEJ.
- Make sure all forms are completed. Collect the following forms from each person on your VIM team:
- The VIM Team Roster Template: an Excel template that team leaders are welcome to use to keep track of their team’s contact information.
- Team Member Trip Evaluation: an optional form that can be filled in and sent back to the VIM Coordinator. This will provide useful feedback about your experience allowing us to further improve the VIM program.