C-H District Lay Servant Ministry: Basic Course
Friday, April 20, 2018, 12:00 AM - Saturday, April 21, 2018, 12:00 AM
This training is for anyone who wants to learn about the Lay Servant Ministry. A Lay Servant is a person who has been called by God to serve the local church. The person must be a member in good standing of a United Methodist church, has been recommended by their pastor, and approved at Charge Conference to be part of the Local Church Lay Servant Ministry.
- Required Text: Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course Participant Book, ISBN-13: 9780881776263
- Reading Assignments: Click here to downloaded PDF for THIS class.
will be completed within the Class time-frame, so make sure reading is completed prior to attending class. Bring any questions you have along to class. 2 day
- Class Schedule: Friday, April 20,
from 7—9 pm and Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 9 am—5 pm. [Please bring a lunch and beverage on Saturday.] 2018
- Class Location: Emmanuel UMC, 802 Summit Ave., Hagerstown, MD 21740
- $35 online registration pay with credit card
- $40 registration by mail By check Send check payable to the BWC Treasurer and the completed registration form
BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Lay Servant Academy, 12 South Walnut St., Suite 101, Hagerstown, MD 21740 to:
Registration Deadline: April 1, 2018
NOTE: If you wish to become a Certified Lay Servant [CLS] you need to complete both the BASIC and one ADVANCED Lay Servant class. Then fill out the ”Certified Lay Servant and Certified Lay Speaker- Application” attaching certificates from both classes and send the packet for review and approval by the District Committee on Lay Servant Ministries, or equivalent structure (See ¶668.3). For more details on the CLS and to download the application go