Local Church Resources
Want to know how to get your church hooked up with electronic giving? Where do you go to get a grant or loan for your church to build a new elevator or start a new program? You're not alone. Thousands of resources exist to help you and your church live out God's call to be good stewards. A sampling of the most useful of these resources is below.
- Market USA Credit Union
- Electronic Giving
- Mid-Atlantic United Methodist Foundation
- Grants and Loans - Unified Funding Task Force
Taxes, Accounting, and other Resources
Reports and Trends
- Local Church Fund Balance Report (Audit): Word | PDF | Excel
We did not include this report with Charge Conference material so that it could cover the fiscal year of January 1 – December 31. This audit needs to be in your District Superintendent’s office by June 30. If you need further assistance, please contact your district office.
- Local Church Trends and Forecasts: Sample (PDF) | Excel
Guidelines and Other Resources
- BWC Investment Policy (PDF)
- Group Ruling Letter Online Application – GCFA
- Legal Manual - GCFA
- Local Church Audit Guide (PDF) - GCFA
- Record Retention Guidelines - GCAH: Electronic Records (PDF) | Annual Conference & Local Church Records (PDF)
- Social Security (Self-Employment Tax) Publication (PDF) - IRS
- Tax Packet - GCFA
- UMData - GCFA
Important note: Data displayed on UMData.org is gathered from districts, annual conferences and general agencies through a variety of sources such as the data sync project, annual conference business forms, annual conference journals, annual statistical reporting, and district appointment worksheets. Data collected by GCFA is housed in their Ezra database and is available to the public through UMData.org. Please be sure to visit UMData's FAQ page for more information and use their 'Contact Us' form if you have additional questions, concerns or to request changes. GCFA will work with the BWC to confirm and process change requests.
- W-2 Resource for church treasurers (PDF)