Vital Signs Dashboard
As United Methodists in the Baltimore-Washington Conference focus on spiritual growth, churches are being asked not just to count their disciples, but to make their discipleship count.
Each congregation is being asked to begin recording their weekly vital statistics to enable church and conference leaders to more effectively see trends and plot future growth and spiritual development.
The statistics for worship attendance, new membership, financial giving, small group participation and mission involvement will be measured on The Dashboard – a denomination-wide electronic tool designed to help create vital congregations, said the Rev. David Argo, conference director of connectional ministries.
"The dashboard is a tool or resource for today, one that helps congregations be more faithful to what God is calling them to do," said Argo. "Each number we record represents a life – a life touched and changed by Jesus Christ. This is a tool for transformation and that’s something I can get excited about."
How to Sign Up
To sign up, churches can visit http://vitalsigns.gcfa.org and fill out the request for participation section.
Churches that sign up will be sent a weekly e-mail inviting them to record their vital stats.
These goals are not only measurements for the congregation, they have been agreed to across the entire denomination. Further, each congregation will measure itself against its own progress over time:
- Disciples in worship - worship attendance;
- Disciples making new disciples - number of professions of faith;
- Disciples growing in their faith - number of small groups;
- Disciples engaging in mission - number of disciples doing outreach in the community and the world; and
- Disciples sharing their resources for mission and church giving - amount of money given to mission and church offerings.
- Vital Signs Quick Guide for Local Churches
- Vital Signs Call to Action FAQs
- Vital Congregations website - describes the initiative for creating vital congregations, provides information on how to set goals, and includes a link to create church goals.
- View Vital Signs reports from across the denomination
Videos about Vital Signs
Why should we participate in Vital Signs?
Vital Signs - What Should I Report?
If you have questions or comments, please contact your regional administrator: