Communications in the Baltimore-Washington Conference is more than just Facebook, Twitter, and a website. For us, it's a ministry.
Sharing the story of United Methodists around the conference and around the world shows how God intersects with the lives of people, people who are doing great and wonderful things -- and small and very important things -- to further God's kingdom on earth.
Our narrative defines our reality and is essential to our faith (John 1:1). Christian communicators, who bring the best of sound journalistic practice, language, art
The Baltimore-Washington Conference Communications Department utilizes several tools to tell our/your story. These include:
- The UMConnection newspaper
- Conference website (which you're currently using)
Resources for Local Church Communicators
An overview of resources from United Methodist Communications. Download the resource sheet (PDF).
- Resources for Telling God’s Story
- Local Church Grants – from United Methodist Communications to support local church communications
- United Methodist Communications – offers a variety of online resources
- MyCom – a free e-newsletter, brings you share-worthy tips and videos on church communications, outreach, worship and new technology.
Techshop– Hardware and software for sale to United Methodists at deeply discounted prices
- Professional Web hosting for your church for as little as $19 a month through UMCChurches.org (training is also provided!)
- United Methodist Branding Toolkit
- Online courses in church communications and church vitality
- Church Marketing Sucks – is a treasury of online resources to "frustrate, educate and motivate the church to communicate, with uncompromising clarity, the truth of Jesus Christ."
- How to Better Communicate With Your Local Church – article
- Marketing for Community Outreach – A list of resources from UMComm