Zimbabwe Global Partnership
2017 Pastors School - Zimbabwe
Follow along with the BWC delegation on their journey to the 2017 Pastors School.
- A postcard home from Zimbabwe: Fairfield Children’s Home | July 20, 2017
- Zimbabwe gets its first female UMC bishop
- A postcard home from Zimbabwe: Ubuntu | July 19, 2017
- A postcard home from Zimbabwe: Africa University | July 17, 2017
- A postcard home from Zimbabwe: Opening Session | July 17, 2017
- A postcard home from Zimbabwe: ’How Great Thou Art’ | July 16, 2017
- A postcard home from Zimbabwe: The sun rises | July 15, 2017
About the Zimbabwe Global Partnership
In 2007, the Baltimore-Washington Conference joined in a partnership with United Methodists in the Zimbabwe Episcopal Area. The vision for the partnership focuses on working together in a spirit of chabadza to promote education, health, the training of pastors, and leadership and spiritual development. One of the cornerstones of the partnership is the Pastors’ School, held every two years at Africa University, with BWC leaders providing most of the support in resources and instructors. The next one is set for July 2017.
Since the start of the partnership, the BWC has also helped to build more than 20 parsonages and sanctuaries, along with schools and clinics, by providing $600,000 through the Hope Fund and sending many Volunteer in Mission teams to Zimbabwe.