Board of Ordained Ministry
The Board of Ordained Ministry (BOOM) cultivates an environment for growth within the Baltimore-Washington Conference by calling spiritual leaders to sense and respond to God’s call to ministry. Clergy members of the conference receive support for ongoing professional development and encouragement to share their gifts with colleagues, congregations and the larger community.
The Rev. John W. Nupp serves as the director of the BOOM’s Center for Clergy Excellence, which links the BOOM to the office of the Bishop. Read more about the work of the Center for Clergy Encouragement in the monthly newsletter, “The Sower.”
- Interested in the Spiritual Literacy Project? Contact the Director of the Center for Clergy Encouragement, Rev. John W. Nupp.
- Do you think God may be calling you to Christian Ministry? Contact the Culture of Call chairperson, Rev. Kirkland Reynolds.
- Provisional Membership – Application Instructions and Documents. Questions? Contact the Registrar for Provisional Members, Scott Shumaker.
- Full Membership (Elders and Deacons) – Application Instruction and Documents. Contact the Registrar for Full Members, Rev. Al Hammer.
- Questions about Licensing for Local Pastors Contact Rev. Jane Wood, registrar. For the License to Preach School, contact Rev. Joye Jones, dean.
- District Committee on Ordained Ministry (DCOM) handbook.
- Questions about serving as a Mentor or the Residency in Ministry program? Contact Rev. Ron Foster.
- Information from the Conference Moving Coordinator, contact Ken Hawes.
- Looking for Continuing Education opportunities? Contact Continuing Education chairperson, Rev. Bruce Jones.
- For information on Professional degrees, you may contact the Director of Admissions at Wesley Theological Seminary, Chip Aldridge. There are 13 United Methodist Theological Schools as well as other official Theological Seminaries.
- For other questions related to psychological testing, MEF funds, UMCares and details of survey submissions and letters of reference, please contact our BOOM administrative assistant.
BOOM Executive Committee