District Administrator, Baltimore Metropolitan District
The Baltimore Metropolitan District, Baltimore-Washington Conference of The United Methodist Church is looking for a self-motivated, creative, and effective individual to fill the position of District Administrator. The successful applicant will report directly to the District Superintendent, and be part of a dynamic team of District Administrators who provide administrative leadership, oversight and support to further the mission of their respective districts, the Baltimore-Washington Conference, and The United Methodist Church to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Baltimore Metropolitan District consists of 77 churches, 71 active clergy serving in local church and mission, and 4 clergy appointed to various extension ministries. The District Administrator provides essential administrative and organizational support for ministry in this context.
Qualified candidates must have strong planning and organizational skills, ability to take initiative, and effective written and oral communication.
Please send resume or inquiries to Francess Tagoe, Director, Human Resources and Benefits, at by close of business Friday, May 26, 2017.
Director of Retreat and Camping Ministries
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Retreat and Camping Ministries to manage the three conference camping facilities:
- The picturesque West River Camp, which has 45 beautiful acres on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay and is just an hour away from Baltimore and Washington, D.C. The camp stays open year-round and provides lodging in log-style lodges or the large retreat center.
- The charming Manidokan Camp, which has more than 300 acres bordered by the Potomac River and C&O Canal, just about 20 miles west of Frederick, MD. The camp is open year-round and provides lodging accommodations ranging from shelters to cabins to lodges.
- The serene Camp Harmison, which has 50 acres near Berkeley Springs, WV, and provides accommodations range from tenting and RVs to a small retreat house.
- Oversight of ministry design and direction for the three United Methodist camps, resourcing camp boards in ministry governance, supervision of the business operation, financial planning and management, and fund development.
- Prepare annual budgets for the retreat and camping operations.
- Develop and expand marketing reach for BWC retreat and camping facilities’ programs to reach local, regional, conference and national organizations.
- Develop and implement a mission strategy for retreat and camping ministries that utilizes the unique aspects of this ministry to support the local church in its goal of creating disciples for Jesus Christ.
- Practicing and committed Christian, preferably of United Methodist denomination
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least of five years’ experience in retreat and camping ministries in a supervisory role.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups
- Strong organizational skills with an appreciation for project management methodology
- Financial management skills: prepare and operate to a departmental budget
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing regulatory issues of retreat and camping facilities
Reports to: Director of Connectional Ministries, Baltimore-Washington Conference.
Benefits include: Salary, medical insurance plan and pension
Send cover letter and resume no later than May 12, 2017 to BWC HR Director Francess Tagoe,
For more information on current operations, please visit www.bwccampsandretreats.com.