Food Service Director, The West River Center
- Job Title: Food Service Director, The West River Center
- FLSA Status: Exempt/Full-Time
- Reports To: Director of Retreat and Camping Ministries
- Location: West River, MD
West River Center Overview
The West River Center is a 220-bed camp and retreat center with a mile of waterfront along the West River south of Annapolis, MD. We operate day and residential summer camps and host a wide variety of retreat groups throughout the rest of the year. We are a ministry of the Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church.
The Food Service Director provides oversight of the West River food service operations, including meal service, staffing, scheduling, menu planning, ordering, staff training
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients and employees. Comply with all state and local regulations as required for food supplied by State and local government commodities programs.
- Monitor food service costs to stay within budgets.
- Has primary supervisory responsibilities over all kitchen staff.
- Serve as a representative of the BWC to users of the site, potential guests, United Methodist Churches, local and government health and regulatory agencies and the surrounding community.
- Support other BWC staff in implementing the BWC mission/vision/strategy.
- Report Maintenance needs of the kitchen to the Maintenance Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Director.
Education & Experience
- Requires at least 3 years experience in food service management, preferably in a camp and retreat setting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
certification or equivalent or be willing to achieve this within a specified time frame after hire. SERVSAFE
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to by Tuesday, December 3, 2018.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening due to our work with children.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baltimore-Washington Conference is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.