Every Saturday, from 03/16/2019 to 03/23/2019, 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Location: Pikeside United Methodist Church, 25 Paynes Ford Rd, Martinsburg, WV US 25405
Required Text: Basic Lay Servant Ministries Participant Book – ISBN #9780881776263 – Cost $11.00
Instructor: Pastor Bill Ball
Where: Name of Church: Pikeside United Methodist Church
Church Address: 25 Paynes Ford Rd, Martinsburg, WV 25405
Date: March 16th and March 23rd
Classes held (2 ) Saturdays
Time: 9:00 pm to 2:30 pm – There will be a 30 minute lunch period. Please bring a bag lunch.
General Instructions and Class Information andGeneral Instructions and Class Information and registration
- Any assignments by instructors will be e-mailed to the students.
- Only one excused absence is allowed. If a student has an unusual hardship, please contact . The student must make up the session missed.
- The Frederick District DA reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient registration and will give as much notice as possible for you to register for another class or request a refund/credit.
- Paper registration - Send check payable to the BWC Treasurer and the completed paper registration form (coming soon)
BWC Western Region Office, Attn: Tonia Bennett, 703 W Patrick Street, Frederick, Maryland 21701. to:
Required text(s) need to be purchased prior to class by student and reading assignments need to be completed prior to attending class. The texts may be purchased through:
- Cokesbury www.cokesbury.comOr call Customer Service and Ordering 1-800-672-1789
- The General Board of Discipleship http://www.gbod.org/
- http://bookstore.upperroom.org/cart/upperroom/c-4480.htm Or call Customer Services & Ordering 1-800-972-0433
- Other bookstores may also have the books you need.
Be sure to keep a copy of the certificate you will receive upon completion of the course. It will be needed if you complete an advanced course and apply to become a Certified Lay Servant. You will need copies of both the Basic completion certificate and the Advanced certificate for your annual report for Charge Conference.
A lay servant is a person who has been called by God to serve the church. The person must be a member in good standing of a United Methodist church. A Certified Lay Servant is a person who has been called by God to serve the church.
Please contact Tonia Bennett, 410-309-3480, for a paper registration