Monday, April 01, 2019
All resolutions set to come before the 235th session of the Baltimore-Washington Conference are due to the Conference Secretary, Cynthia Taylor, by April 1, 2019. The session will be held May 29-June 1, 2019.
Submitting a Resolution:
1. Ensure you have completed consult requirements for the following (if applicable):
- Budgetary Implications: If the resolution necessitates budgetary changes or considerations, you must first consult with Phil Potter, Chair of the Council on Finance and Administration (CFA). You will be asked to provide CFA's recommendation on the resolution submission form.
- Rules of the Session: If the resolution pertains to Rules of the Session, you must first consult with Mark Gorman, Chair of the Rules Committee.
2. Complete the 2019 BWC Resolution Submission Form prior to April 1, 2019.
What information will the form require?
- Submitter Info: [Enter the name, email address, and conference affiliation of the submitter. If the resolution is jointly sponsored, select one individual to serve as the primary contact for the submission. Enter the names and conference affiliations of each co-sponsor when prompted.]
- Title: [Short title that indicates the subject matter of the resolution.]
- Budget Implications: [If applicable, consult in advance with the Council on Finance and Administration and insert their recommendation when prompted on the form. You will also have the opportunity to indicate any disagreement between the resolution writer and CFA within the form.]
- Rationale: [Insert a brief description of why the resolution is important and/or needed and should be adopted by the annual conference.]
- Resolution: [Include the purpose and action items of the resolution. Be succinct and address only a single issue.]
- Effective Date: [Insert the proposed effective date of the resolution.]
What happens after I submit my resolution?
- Immediately following submission, you should see a message on your screen stating that your submission was received.
- The primary submitter will receive an email from "BWC Conference Secretary" with the subject line "2019 Resolution Submission Received". A copy of the resolution submission will be attached.
- Cynthia Taylor, BWC Conference Secretary, will review your submission and will contact you if additional information is needed.
- If you have any questions, please contact Cynthia Taylor at .