Tell Us Your Story
Do you have a news story, blog post or thoughtful commentary you’d like to share? As part of our communications ministry in the Baltimore-Washington Conference, we are always seeking to lift up stories of God’s presence and your ministry within the conference and beyond.
When submitting your story:
- Please include your name, church, daytime phone number and/or e-mail address.
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, just send us the link.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
Letters to the UMConnection
The UMConnection is the official newspaper of the Baltimore-Washington Conference. All letters to the UMConnection will be considered as space is available. Please also keep in mind these guidelines:
- You must include your name, church, daytime phone number and/or e-mail address to be considered for publication.
- Letters should be no longer than 250 words and are subject to editing for length and clarity.
- Please send letters at least two weeks prior to publication (issue dates are the second Wednesday of every month).
- Letters beyond two per year by the same author will have lower priority for publication. Additionally, letters by the same author that reiterate opinions previously expressed may not be published.
Publication of a letter does not imply the Baltimore-Washington Conference’s endorsement of the views presented by the author. Letters that attack, ridicule, denounce or impugn a person’s character will not be published. All letters become the property of the BWC and must be original. The UMConnection will not knowingly publish letters that have appeared in other publications.