At the center of Spiritual Leadership Development is discipleship development. It is an expectation that every person in a position of leadership are rooted in spiritual disciplines and on an ongoing journey toward maturing as a disciple.
Each local faith community must start with defining what discipleship means in their context before they then can create a process and plan for developing disciples along the journey from living a life far from God to one centered in Christ.
Here are more resources that can support your exploration of developing disciples.
- Building a Discipling Culture: How to release a missional movement by discipling people like Jesus did by Mike Breen
- Charting a Course of Discipleship: A Workbook on Christian Discipleship by Jay Regennitter, Patty Johansen, Teresa Gilbert
- Deepening Your Effectiveness: Restructuring the Local Church for Life Transformation by Dan Glover and Claudia Lavy
- A Disciple’s Path: Deepening Your Relationship with Christ and the Church by James A. Harnish
- Membership to Discipleship: Growing Mature Disciples Who Make Disciples by Phil Maynard
- Simple Church: Returning to God’s Process for Making Disciples by Thom S. Rainer and Eric Geiger