Employees of the Baltimore-Washington Conference receive their health care covered through HealthFlex, a product of the General Board of Pension and Health Benefits of The United Methodist Church.
HealthFlex is available to all members of the conference: ordained clergy from other conferences, members of other denominations, local pastors appointed to full or 75 percent service to a local church, conference center staff and campus ministries staff.
Members of the conference serving less than 75 percent of time are not eligible. Student Local Pastors requires participation. Deacons and Probationary Deacons appointed to full or 75 percent can be covered through the salary paying unit by signing the sub-adoption agreement form.
HealthFlex Benefits Include:
Medical Coverage--United HealthCare (UHC)
- United HealthCare PPO benefit summary
- United HealthCare PPO benefit booklet
- United HealthCare Medicare Companion Plan 2 benefit summary
Prescription Drug Coverage--Medco
- Prescription Drug for Actives (Medco)
- Prescription Drug for Retirees on Medicare (Medco)
- Cigna benefit summary
- Cigna benefit booklet
- Cigna ID fillable Card
- VSP summary
United Behavioral Health (UBH) Employee Assistance Program
- UBH Employee Assistance Program and Behavioral Health--benefit summary
- UBH Employee Assistance Program and Behavioral Health--benefit booklet
HealthFlex Enrollment Forms
Clergy enrolling in HealthFlex for the first time should complete the
HealthFlex Enrollment Kit
- If you need to make changes to your coverage, please complete the HealthFlex Enrollment & Change Form
- Administrator's HealthFlex Kit for Local Church Lay Employees
Return all enrollment/change forms to the Benefits Office at the BWC Mission Center or fax it to 410-309-9794. Please do not fax or mail to the General Board of Pensions and Health Benefits.
Claim Forms (claim forms must be sent directly to the vendor)
- Medical Claim with United HealthCare
- Flex Spending Dependant Claim Form
Flex Spending Medical Reimbursement Form
- FSA Debit Card FAQs
- Changes to FSA account for 2011.
- Effective 1/1/2013 your FSA contribution will be limited to $2500 per year
- FSA/DCA Ceridian Direct Deposit form for reimbursement
Additional Helpful Links
- Health Flex: WebMD
- 2012 Budget Information for Health/Pension Rates
- 2013 Budget Information for Health/Pension Rates
- Finding a doctor near you
Please contact the Benefits Office at 410-309-3479 if you have additional questions.