School of Certified Lay Ministry (CLM)
The Certified Lay Minister (CLM) is a position that was created by the 2004 session of the General Conference of The United Methodist Church. It is a position designed to enhance the quality of ministry and ability of small membership churches and team ministry in larger membership churches to meet the spiritual and temporal needs of a constantly changing world (paragraph 272 in the 2004 Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church).
The Certified Lay Minister shall preach the Word, provide a care ministry to the congregation, assist in program leadership, and be a witness in the community for the growth, missional and connectional thrust of The United Methodist Church, as part of a ministry team with the supervision and support of a clergy person (paragraph 271 in the 2012 Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church).
Want more information? Click on the links at the right to find out more, or contact the appropriate person for additional information:
- Annapolis: Sharon Fleet 410-309-3441
- Washington East: Pam Neidig 410-309-3439
- Baltimore Surban: John Gauthier 410-290-7311
- Baltimore Metro: Christine Kumar 410-309-4447
- Central Maryland: Pam Mullay 410-309-3493
- Greater Washington: Olivia Gross 410-309-4443
- Frederick: Tonia Bennett 410-309-3480
- Cumberland-Hagerstown: Penny Gaver 866-739-6659
Director of Certified Lay Ministry Sandra M. King-Shaw
301-340-7671 or e-mail email@example.com